Wednesday, April 6, 2011

September

One of the purposes of this blog (actually the main purpose) was to have it around as a life record of sorts. I'd heard about companies that printed off books made from your blog posts and thought, "SOOO much easier and lots more fun than writing in a journal!" I mean really, it's the new and improved version of scrap-booking (which I was never good at - I'm pretty sure I spent my entire high school career trying to "catch up" on my scrap-booking but never made it past the seventh grade because I was too much of a perfectionist and every page took three plus hours sooo... it pretty much never happened. Whoops.) So instead of trying and inevitably failing miserably at that again, Nelson and I decided to have a blog book for every year of our marriage! Unfortunately, not only did we not come up with this grand idea until half way through the first year of the mawwiage, but we came up with it right before the busiest, most agonizingly stressful month of our lives, which set us up for a major blog fail. However, that month is now over (curse you, March), and I have my first completely FREE day pretty much since Christmas break, where there is NOTHING on my schedule that can't wait until tomorrow, and I'm just relaxing, living the one-day dream, and doing whatever it is that I feel like! OHHHH THE JOY! And, right now, all I feel like doing is listening to my Yael Naim Pandora station and catching up on our lives from September through March in hopes that blogging will become less formidable once I can just post little notes about the here and now :)

SEPTEMBER at the Wittwer House (errr... apartment...)

Once Nelson got home from CA life was so so sweet. It finally felt like we were real married people because let's be honest, August was really just a continuation of the long-distance stunt we pulled all throughout our engagement that happened to be interrupted by a nice vacation to Cancun. That was lame. We filled our time mostly with fun family activities such as the following:

Preston and Jordan (two of Nelson's brothers) came over for Sunday dinner! We made use of our CrockPot for the first time and made a delicious pot roast! Mmmm. And, being the charming young men that they are, they offered to contribute to the feast by bringing some greens (see left :)) I love them. Nelson also (wisely) pointed out that it would only be appropriate to have them over if we provided a copious amount of dinner rolls. So, in his baking enthusiasm, Nelson forgot to turn off the stove burner from something else we'd made and ended up putting our silicon baking dish full of
straight-out-of-the-oven rolls onto the blazing
hot burner. After a couple of minutes, we looked at each other and asked... "What's that smell??" We looked at the stove and realized what had happened, but before I could do anything,
Nelson had let out a passionate Tarzan
bellow and heroically pounced toward the rolls, grabbing the dish off the burner. Lamentably, he didn't think about the fact that the dish was about 500 degrees by that point. We had to wrap up his fingers pretty good there.


No comments:

Post a Comment