Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Beginning

OK, OK. Nelson and I have finally gotten enough mocking, disappointed, and otherwise obnoxious comments that we decided we better update the blog again! We are really bad at this. SO! Where did we leave off... K. When we got home from the honeymoon, we started searching for apartments. At this point, all of our stuff was still in our single student apartments in Provo. Nelson continued to be mostly dead for the ONE weekend we had to apartment search before he headed to San Jose, CA for the next three weeks to do some job training with EY. Oh yeah, and also during that ONE weekend, I forced him to get dressed up and go to his college graduation :)





YAY NELSON!!!! Congratulations to the handsome college grad! I was so proud.

Then, we managed to decide on an apartment complex, and off went Nelson to CA while I embarked on the moving journey. Two packed up apartments later, this is what my car looked like.



I couldn't open the back to take a picture of the best part for fear it would all crumble down on me. Suffice it to say, that was not so much fun. The worst part was that we couldn't move into our new place for another week, but we still had to be out of our old apartments. Nelson's family was SO nice to let us store it all in their basement for the week, but that meant I had to pack it up twice. Yikes. FINALLY we got the keys to our first little apartment while Nelson was back for a weekend. Here's the place!



So there you have it! Nelson's AWESOME brothers Preston and Jordan helped us transfer all of our stuff from their house to the apartment because they are so so nice.

...And then we had an official toast with the lemonade they give out for free at the main office of our apartment complex because we didn't have any other dishes or food yet. :)

(Side note: Notice from the crazy hair in this picture that Nelson was still SO sick at this point, and still had to sleep for 18 hours a day. Poor kid. I was happy he was able to get up for long enough to make the cheesy toast for our first home. That's a big moment.)

I then spent the next 2 weeks driving in between Target and Ikea, organizing the place, building furniture with my super human strength, and missing my husband. Nelson spent the next two weeks watching over 2,000 Power Point slides about IT security, management, and education, fighting three infections, and missing his wife, of course. At least the apartment was all ready for Nelson when he got home! Yay! And that, my friends, was August in the Wittwer home.

3 comments:

  1. An update? It's a Festivus miracle!

    Do you think some of your housing search luck could rub off on us, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see your apartment furnished! Very cute place!

    ReplyDelete